An entire month
I can't believe an entire month has gone by. Where does the time go anyway?
Hmm..let's see....thinking.....thinking....you know, this is probably why I haven't posted. I've got nothing to post about! That is both a blessing and a curse...
Wait, I do know a story to post about...
It's a sad one, but a story all the same.
Last weekend, I took my dog in to get stitches out of his leg. He'd had a little place cut off his leg and it was past due time for them to come out. Anyway, when I got to the vet there was a woman outside who looked like she'd been crying, talking on a cellphone. I figured it was something bad, I almost asked if she was ok, but didn't. Bud and I went in and sat down (and I had to drag his ass in there--and I do mean drag). About 10 minutes later, a young girl (around 8 or 9) came in with an older lady (I'm assuming Grandmother) and they went back with the woman who'd been outside crying. About three or four minutes passed and I hear this scream. It was the little girl, crying "But I don't want him to die!". I immediately started to bawl. I just can't help myself. I cried up until they called my name, went back and cried some more. The vet just kind of looked at me funny when I told him that I was emotional over the other family. When I went to check out, Kleenex wadded in my hand, I told the repceptionist that you'd have thought by the looks of me it was MY dog that was being euthanized. She agreed that it was the little girl that had did it (made us all want to cry that is).
When I got to my car, I started to cry again. I so understand that kind of pain; understand in that I know how hard and ugly it would be to lose my pet. Which I think is what I was really crying about, it was the thought of losing my own pet. I've had Buddy ( a beagle ) for nearly 9 years--since he was six years old. I remember the first day I got him, he was the runt of the litter and he was sitting in the back of the pen while the other puppies were jumping up and down all over. He looked so pitiful, I had to have him. His ears were bigger than he was then....
Now..he's a holy terror most of the time. He's getting better in his old age though, I love him. He's my little 'nook. :) Then again, I've got a million names for him.
I know Bud won't be with me forever. It will be sad when he's gone, very sad. It'll be like a piece of my life is gone. There have been times when I thought he was my only friend in the world. He always loves me, doesn't care when I've been bad. Never tells me that what I'm doing is wrong, stays in the bed with me when I feel bad. He's just there. Of course, if he could drive he might do something different! :)
That's my story for today. On that note, I need another tissue! :)
xoxo

<< Home